Wednesday, April 12, 2006

I can scarcely believe that I have been at Cwmni Da now for five weeks. The time has flown by.

I'm still plodding on with the SMS application for the Urdd Eisteddfod. AS time has gone on more and more issues have cropped up, which has slowed me down quite a bit. However, I have learnt loads about PHP, MySQL and lots of other technologies in this time, all of which I will be implemeting when I will be building Cwmni Da's website.

There is nothing at present, which is daunting, but I hope to design and build my own custom content management framework for the site. I will then be able to incorporate all kinds of different media easily and effectively.

Another project on the go here is the second series of Cer i Greu, the art program for youngsters. I have quite a few ideas which I have briefly discussed, and it looks promising at the moment. I hope to be able to create an online community for the program, for maximum viewer interaction. The domain has already been registered, so more on this soon.

I have also successfully installed and configured the Apache server with PHP5 and MySQL on my local Windoze machine. I can now test and build applications locally, without having to ftp the files to a remote server.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home